Raleigh, NC, October 8, 2018 --- The N.C. Defense Fund, the political action committee of the North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys, endorses the following candidates seeking seats on the North Carolina Supreme Court and Court of Appeals:
For Associate Justice of the North Carolina Supreme Court, the N.C. Defense Fund endorses
- For the Jackson Seat: Barbara A. Jackson for re-election to the Court.
For Associate Judge of the North Carolina Court of Appeals, the N.C. Defense Fund endorses:
- For the Arrowood Seat: John S. Arrowood and Andrew T. Heath for election to the Court.
- For the Calabria Seat: Jefferson G. Griffin for election to the Court.
The NC Defense Fund made the decision to endorse each judicial candidate based on the following criteria:
- Substantial exposure to or appreciation of issues involved in civil litigation;
- Commitment to the evenhanded application of the rules governing our courts;
- An outstanding reputation in the legal community;
- An outstanding record of judicial achievement or possession of the potential to be an outstanding judge.
The N.C. Defense Fund is the political action committee of the North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys. The North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys [NCADA] is a professional association for lawyers and paralegals defending the interests of individuals and businesses in civil litigation. Current membership stands at over 850 attorneys and paralegals from across the State.
For more information about the N.C. Association of Defense Attorneys, please contact the Association office at 919-239-4463.